Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Evaluations Already???

I just received an email from our Special Ed Evaluator,(Jonathan's), wanting to schedule an evaluation for May or June. I am so not ready to begin thinking about evaluations yet! We have a lot to cover before we get there...This Mommy/Teacher has lots of fun plans to finish before this year ends.

I know that it is a lot for our evaluator to prepare...she teaches full time in a Christian school and evaluates quite a number of homeschooled students so I understand...it just caught me by surprise.

Pennsylvania requires an annual independent evaluation for each student by a certified teacher. These teachers review the work from the year and document progress. They usually give suggestions and feedback. We turn in an evaluation form to our local school district.

Another requirement in PA is testing. Each child in grades 3, 5, and 8 is required to take achievement testing.

What are some of the requirements in your state?

No comments: