Friday, March 28, 2008

Calling our Students to a Standard of Excellence

It has long troubled me that
my children have a propensity
to try to do as little as
possible to get by.

But, if I think about it
I was that way too.

It is the natural way.

We have a friend who's daughter
is a neat freak and loves to
clean and organize. This girl is
the exception to the rule of most
families I know. I love her dearly
and want her for a daughter-in-law
so that I can live out my final
days in neatness. Ha!

However, part of our responsibility
in raising our children is to teach
them the meaning of excellence and
what that looks like in the every day
school day and in all that they do.

Easier said than done.

However, I think that a lot of this
is taught by example.

I know I fail at this often but it is always
my goal to complete every assignment, task or
duty...

With excellence.

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms...
Becky K.

No comments: