Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Writing a Research Paper

O.k. the subjects are varied.

One is doing research on the band, Switchfoot.
Believe me, after weeks of trying to
get this one to choose a topic I am fine
with this. Wouldn't have been a few weeks
ago....but I am now...

Another is doing hers on Bowling.
Love it!
She has been so creative in the
layout and research for this paper.

The third...let me see...I am drawing a
blank...Oh, that's right...Coins!

He loves money! I took him to the Library and
set him loose in the adult nonfiction area with
the mission of finding a subject that interested
him enough to report on.

It is cool because his Grandpa had quite a love
of coins and because he worked with vending machines his
whole life had quite a collection of unusual coins.
Mikey has been able to peruse the collection and
learn more about the coins that intrigue him.

As far as I am concerned...finding the right topic is
the hardest part of writing a paper.

After that, the kids are on their way with the reading
and actual research. Finding several sources and creating
topical headings for the actual organization of the paper.

Now they are all in the stage of writing the body
of the papers.

Fun?

Would be for me.

Chelsea enjoys it.

Mikey is enjoying it more than he thought he would.

Jonathan? It is too soon to know. He took
so long in choosing a topic that his paper is in
its very infancy.

That is what we are in the midst of at Hospitality Lane.

Blessings on your day,

Becky K.

No comments: