Thursday, February 14, 2008

4-6th Grade Music Today

Our class today will be learning about Patriotic Songs.

We will be learning the history of and singing parts of the following songs:

The Star Spangled Banner
You're a Grand Old Flag
Yankee Doodle Boy
My Country Tis of Thee
The Battle Hymn of the Republic
This is My Country!
America the Beautiful

In this historical time of debate about religion in government, I have found it interesting to reread the lyrics of many of these songs and to find that the writers did not hesitate to give credit and glory to our God and Creator.
Our country has been singing them without hesitation for many years.
Why begin to cringe at mention of our Creator now?
Hmmm....

Blessings on your Day!

Becky K.

P.s. I know it is Valentine's Day and could have done a theme about that but I looked briefly and did not see any songs that were exceptional enough to do an entire class on.

No comments: