Wednesday, December 5, 2007

An Option for Literature - Free Study Guides

This year we read Kenneth Oppel's Book Airborn, Winner of the 2004 Governor General's Literary Award for Children's Literature.

If I had known it was available we would have used the online study guide available here.

In January we will begin reading the sequel to Airborn, called Skybreaker.
We will use the study guide for this.

I wanted to share this with you because, while we enjoyed reading and discussing this book, I wish I had known about the study guides.

The first book in this series, Airborn is about a young man who is an employee on an airship. It is an adventure with a sci-fi feel to it. I read it aloud and we discussed it. While it is not classic literature, it was a great discussion starter, had action and humor. You can read more about the book on Kenneth Oppel's web site.

Since purchasing these books I have seen them in the Library, making it possible to complete this course completely at no cost to you.

I am not familiar with any of Mr. Oppel's other works and so am not recommending one way or another about them. I can simply tell you that our family enjoyed this book.

No comments: